ZIKA is a virus transmitted by the AEDES AEGYPTI, the same mosquito that transmits dengue and Chikungunya.
- Mild fever
- Skin rashes
- Headache & Joint pain
What To Do If Symptoms Appear
- Treatment consists of relieving pain and fever and any other symptoms that bother the patients.
- Take plenty of fluids.
- Do not self-medicate
- Have plenty of rest and sleep under a mosquito net.
- Wear cloth that cover your arms and legs.
- If the symptoms worsen or other complications develop, seek medical attention immediately.
- If you are pregnant and have symptoms, seek medical attention immediately, as your pregnancy could be at risk.
How To Prevent It?
- Eliminate breeding sites, eg: Flower pot, old tires and bottles.
- Cover all household water tanks and containers.
- Prevent accumulation of rubbish, dispose it in a sealed plastic.
- Keep drains clean to prevent stagnant water from accumulating.
- Sleep in a place that protected by mosquito net.
- Wear long-sleeves and long trousers.
- Use insect repellents recommended by the health authorities.
- Share this information.